Sean Gilligan's Blog

4.30.2009

GMail and Google Groups not playing nicely

I've been annoyed for months that when I send email to a Google Group, I don't see my own post in the thread I receive via IMAP. I finally did some research and it seems there is nothing I can do, so long as I am using the combination of GMail and Google Groups. I found this discussion of the issue in Gmail Help Discussion and I also reported the issue to Google.

If I understand correctly, GMail filters the message because it is a duplicate of a 'Sent' message. But even with duplicate suppression the message should be still be able to be tagged or filtered and/or make it back into the IMAP inbox.

The issue does not occur with other mailing lists that I am a member of. If anyone has any answers, I'd love to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home