Sean Gilligan's Blog

1.07.2005

Message for Ryanne

Ryanne Hodson was asking on the videoblogging list about Google placement. Sometimes she uses the name Ryan and sometimes Ryanne. So I sent her a private e-mail suggesting she stick to Ryanne because it is more unique. I asked if she was in transition (from one name to another) and she tought I was implying something totally different. She videoblogged her response and I almost fell out of my chair laughing. So I hooked up my webcam and made this quick response. I followed my rules for video comments, BTW. (Easy to follow since they make posting less work.)

Ryanne, (just for you) I made all the links on the post create a new window.

Production Note: My apologies for the lousy audio, poor frame-rate and lip-synch. I wanted to record a response while I was still "rolling on the floor laughing" and I used an improperly configured HackTV for iSight video capture. (Specifically it was capturing video at 640x480 uncompressed and my PowerBook hard drive couldn't keep up.) Rather than do a retake and loose my spontaneous reaction, I decided to go ahead and use the flawed recording. p.s. One project for the weekend is to clean up that desk in the background...

3 Comments:

  • I suck, I have such a common name... maybe I could change it?

    By Blogger Doug, at 12:33 AM  

  • Joshua: It does basic QT capture and comes with source code (which is a plus for me) but I wouldn't recommend it for end users. (Especially when they're too busy laughing to check their config setttings.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:56 AM  

  • "dougb61" is less common than "ryanne"...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home